Planet Crust, the driving force behind Corteza, is excited to announce the release of Corteza 2023.9
Changes include the new Corteza Studio, DAL Schema Alterations, UI improvements and more.
Corteza Studio is a new addition to Corteza that lets you style your Corteza user interface and all of your applications any way you like. With this release, you can use Corteza Studio to tweak your color scheme or swap out the entire stylesheet to fit your brand guidelines and make Corteza fully your own. Combined with CSS, introduced in 2023.3.3, this means you have complete control over how your Corteza and your apps look, including adding images to the background, creating transparencies, changing fonts, changing the border radius on cards and buttons and more.
Future versions of Corteza Studio will remove the need for CSS by letting you make the common style changes such elements as backgrounds, transparencies, fonts, buttons and more directly in Corteza Studio. Soon you’ll also be able to save different design themes, set design themes according to roles and apply different design themes to different apps, pages, layouts and blocks.
Here are some sample creations made with Corteza Studio and CSS. Note: When using a custom font, users will need to have the font installed locally to display it.
Record List Colum Configurator
Corteza now gives admins the option to let end-users configure which columns to display on a Record List. This change was added to give end-users more control over what they see on a Record List.
Records Per Page
With 2023.9, admins can now enable end-users to pick the number of records to be shown in a Record List. After the option is enabled, the user can select a number from the record list dropdown. This change was added to let end-users configure how many records per page they want to see.
Custom Chart Color Schemes
2023.9 has added an option to create and save a custom color scheme in the chart color scheme dropdown. The change was added to give the user the freedom to create their own color scheme. Soon you’ll also be able to select directly from your color themes created in Corteza Studio.
Save Charts and Modules as Copy
2023.9 has added a Save as Copy button to charts and modules. The change was added to make it easy for users to copy the functionality of a module or chart
Modifying Tabbed Blocks
2023.9 has added options for modifying or deleting a tabbed page block. The change was added to allow users to edit or delete tabbed blocks without having to enter the tabs configurator and open the relevant block. The options are located in the relevant tab.
Custom Record Page Buttons
2023.9 has added an option in the Record Page layout configurator to add a custom button to the bottom of a Record Page to display when viewing the page. The change was added to give the user more options when viewing a Record Page.
Other UI Additions
- Added a Back button to navigate to the previous page block modal when viewing or editing a tabbed page block. The change was added to provide the user with an easier way to go back in a modal.
- Added a delete button in the page icon configurator modal with which a user can remove an uploaded icon. The change was added to provide the option to remove an uploaded icon.
- Added unsaved changes warning message when modifying a record and trying to navigate to a different page. The change was added to prevent losing changes that haven’t been saved yet.
- Added an icon containing an exclamation mark to a page block toolbar indicating that the concrete page block is used in another page layout. The change was added to mark a page block that is already used in another page layout.
- Added a rounded circle icon that marks a configuration option as performance-impacting. The change was added to mark which features would impact the performance of an application.
- Added a spinner to delete and un-delete buttons while a resource is being deleted or un-deleted. The change was added to show the user the current state of the delete or un-delete process.
DAL Schema Alterations
Added support for Corteza to automatically manage and change the underlying database when storing records. The change was added to simplify the process of using dedicated and customized storage locations for your records since manual intervention, for most cases, is no longer needed.
View the full changelog.
How to get Corteza
To install Corteza on your own server or try Corteza in the cloud, get started here.
How to upgrade your Corteza instance
To upgrade your instance to the latest version of Corteza, follow our Upgrade Guide.
About Planet Crust
Planet Crust is the creator of and driving force behind Corteza, a 100% open-source low-code rapid application development, business process management and integration platform for software vendors, system integrators and internal development teams.
Corteza is a 100% open-source low-code rapid application development, business process management and integration platform for software vendors, system integrators and internal development teams. Corteza comes with an Apache 2.0 license and all code is published and can be reviewed at https://github.com/cortezaproject. All Corteza code is contributed to the Commons Conservancy Software Foundation. For more information about the project, visit www.cortezaproject.org or follow @CortezaProject on Twitter.