11 December 2019
Crust Technology is excited to announce a new release of Crust, the open-source Salesforce alternative. This is a major release of Crust which includes new applications, such as Crust Service Solution, and a long list of new features and improvements.
What’s new in Crust 2019.12?
Crust Service Solution home page
- New Crust CRM features:
- Optimized CRM pages layouts
- Improved quotes layouts
- Updated automation scripts, so that they work with the new Crust Corredor
Optimized CRM layout
- New Crust Compose (low-code platform) features:
- Record import and exporting
- Improved module builder, with a 2 step process helping to create pages for a new module
- Improved layout in the page builder
- Improved calendars that now supports multiple event feed sources, colour coding, and filtering
- Improved reporting with new charts and chart options
- New options for automation scripts, including:
- New settings (including “run in the browser or Corredor”, “run asynchronously”, “run with a timeout” etc)
- New script tester
- Easy selection of triggers
- PDF previews
- Namespace selector (allowing you to quickly go from one Compose application – a namespace – to another)
Improved module builder with checks if list and record pages have been created
New options in automation scripts
Namespace selector on the left, allowing you to move quickly from one namespace to another
- New Crust Enterprise Messaging features:
- New Messaging settings:
- Enable or disable emojis
- Enable or disable notifications
- Notifications template
- Enable or disable attachments
- Enable or disable attachments upload from the gallery and/or camera
- Set max file size for uploads
- Set file type whitelist
- PDF previews
- Improved messaging and rich text input areas with tiptap
New messaging options
PDF preview and the improved input area
- Other new features:
- Redesigned admin area with:
- Improved layout and menu
- Change permission settings with a click
- Searchable and filterable lists
- Dashboard with the current status
- Improved login page layout
- MinIO integration for High-Performance Object Storage. This enables Crust to use standard storage backends (list Amazon S3), data-encryption etc.
- YAML export of CRM and Service Solution namespaces
- New documentation site: https://docs.crust.tech
New admin area with dashboard
Over 100 issues have been solved since the last release, including enhancements and bug-fixes. The detailed list is available in the repository on Github.
In June 2019, Crust Technology contributed all of its software intellectual property to the Commons Conservancy, an independent open-source foundation. In doing so, we created Corteza, “The Digital Work Platform for Humanity”. Corteza has been featured on sites like opensource.com, and the Corteza Community recently hit another milestone by growing to over 2000 individuals and companies from all over the world.
New features are added to Corteza continuously, and it often gets updated a few times a week. Crust is an enterprise product based on Corteza source code. It is stable and thoroughly tested, and major releases come out every three months.
Crust is the open-source Salesforce alternative for businesses and organisations. To learn how to get Crust, or how to migrate from your current solution, please contact Crust via the contact form or via email@example.com.
There is an online demo of Crust available at https://www.planetcrust.com/demo.
Crust Technology Ltd, headquartered in Ireland, is the driving force behind the open-source Unified Work platform Crust, providing a flexible, self-hosted platform for your organisation to work and communicate internally while engaging with its customers, suppliers, partners and other third parties externally. Its integrated approach to identity, messaging and business logic delivers a simple-to-use yet extensible means for managing users and the applications they require every day, whether in the cloud, behind the firewall or a hybrid of the two. For more information, visit www.planetcrust.com or follow @Crusttech on Twitter.