Cork, Ireland, 11 October 2021.
Crust Technology, the driving force behind the open-source low-code platform Corteza, is excited to announce a new major release: Corteza 2021.9. This release adds loads of new functionality to Corteza. Highlights of this release are added support for internationalization, an Integration Gateway, a new reporting tool, the ability to export and import complete applications create with the low-code platform and an improved UI.
New features and improvement in Corteza 2021.9
Added support for internationalization
Corteza 2021.9 allows you to translate the user interface and any low-code application you build, including locale-specific numbers and date-time formatting. Once translated, the user can select his/her preferred language in the user settings, and use Corteza in their own language. Corteza can have multiple languages activated, which means that each user can see Corteza in their own language, even though they are working in the same app.
This version comes with a facility for defining and handling custom API endpoints. It allows you to trivially define new API endpoints for webhooks or custom integrations needed by your business processes, and it’s tightly integrated with Corteza’s visual workflow builder.
Corteza Reporter is a new specialized facility for creating, managing, and running reports. It enables you to create beautiful reports using the data stored in your low-code applications. A report can have multiple data sources, which you can group and join. And in a single report, you can show tables, texts, metrics (KPIs) and charts.
Support for entire low-code application duplication, import, and export
You can now duplicate, import and export any low-code application you build. This allows you to quickly create a copy of an existing app, or develop apps, export them, and share them with others.
The UI of the Corteza has changed to increase consistency, accessibility, and user experience. The most notable changes are:
- The navigation menu has moved to the left.
- The top bar now defines shortcuts to the more common operations related to the viewed page.
- The module field picker has been completely reworked.
Other new features and improvements
Other new features and improvements include:
- Added a fake data generator that can be used to create placeholder records and users
- Extended authentication feature set
- Added support for SAML authentication providers
- Added *.search RBAC access control operations for all resources
- Added support for automation which is triggered before or after a user is suspended
- Extended Workflow features
- Expended the feature set of the expression engine
- Improved system setup and configuration flow as well as overall stability
- Prepared the store infrastructure for cockroachDB support
- Reworked the RBAC access control facility allowing greater flexibility with resource-specific rules
- Low Code module, module field, and record RBAC rule configuration buttons are now located under a single drop-down
- Tweaked system logging
View the full changelog.
How to install Corteza
You can follow the local setup instructions for a local development or demonstration instance of Corteza. If you are looking for setting up a live deployment, check out the extensive production setup instructions. If you have questions, you can engage with other community members on the Corteza forum.
How to upgrade your Corteza instance
About Crust Technology
Crust Technology Ltd, headquartered in Ireland, is the driving force behind Corteza, the free and open-source low-code platform and Salesforce alternative. The advanced low-code platform for rapid application development includes fully-featured apps, such as the CRM Suite and Service Solution for case management and End-to-End Business Automation. All 100% free, open and completely standardized. For more information or an online demo, visit www.planetcrust.com or follow @Crusttech on Twitter.
Corteza is the Digital Work Platform for Humanity. The Corteza project builds a 100% open-source, self-hosted low-code platform for building your organization’s key applications, growing its productivity and protecting its data and the privacy of all those concerned. Corteza is developed entirely in the public domain, including its design considerations and processes. For more information about the project, visit www.cortezaproject.org or follow @CortezaProject on Twitter.
Crust Technology has an online demo available of this latest release. In it, you can try out the Low-Code platform, build your own apps, try out the existing apps (such as the CRM or Service Solution) and much more.